Two Poems


The Wave

I wrote about the wave
that hurled my name
into fresh painted
yellow sand

You wrote under the stars
and signed your name
right next to mine



Woman of the Fairy Mounds

A banshee
the whistle-wailing wind
rushes around the house

rips through bushes
and bends old fences
making pussy willows
weep

though they are sturdy

But she
has not tried
my open window

grounded in woe
out of breath to rise
and conquer
the daffodil
you gave me
before you knew
you’d go
to war

Distance may kill

Our time
together
though in my mind
hasn't wilted

I dream of two
soft words

Thank you

for a flower
still bright and beautiful

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow, it's amazing the way you managed to come up with those beautiful words with only seemingly normal comments as inspiration!
True, true, there is beauty where you find it.

Popular Posts