Something Is Falling on Us

"Something is falling on us
Tried to escape got tired
Like the girl said she saw
something bright disappearing
She went back in
to the stars right I remember that
            What else did she do"

"I don’t know
Do you know what she did"

"We say these things about slavery every night
What is happening to us
We do all the work
and eyes are on us looking
Then we fall asleep and forget
When was the last time
            you felt like loving her"

            "Hard to feel things but you know
I do want to feel something
other than what's falling"

"Why can’t you"

            "Well for one thing
what they're probably doing to us
Spraying maybe day and night
            I worked for them last night
            when we both felt like dying"

"Yes that was it
            but she jumped back
to the stars
            and she didn’t have to work"

            "They saw what we saw
in her always
            I think one of the ones
eyeballing us made love"

"She would not have liked it though"

"I wish I could feel something
from her now
before I fall off again"

"Whisper don't wish
Don’t worry the moon
is up and clouds are out"

"Aren’t you sleepy"

"Not more than you are
No more than she is"

"Yes
but that is ... what they ..."

"What I don’t want
is for life
even one like this
to fall down
without us stealing
one star more one dream
something from the something
falling"

"Like sleep
on the sleepless"

"All sheep are not sheep
counted when the counters
fall asleep"

"We can hope
for something like that
for her if not for us"

Comments

Popular Posts