Note Cat

This is my email
That is weird 
My first email from back 
right after college 
when I started freelancing
I want to again

So many things to do as a writer
The important thing 
is to make some money
from your craft 
so you can do a lot 
with your life 
including your art

Same note 
as last note
Weird
What is this
However we 
can definitely do 
a raffle if 
they still want 

Why would
anyone write 
the same note
twice
What is that
Raffles 
Jesus
Giving away stuff
Life in general 

For a green 
recipe about kale
and other vegetables
Maybe from the time period
of Kat Tsui
with whom 
I don't hang anymore

Because she is in California
Oh well
Oh well 

This is probably
a dance-related note
Maybe open house-related stuff
So I see they wanted
to do a raffle 
Okay 

We went to the conference
They should promote me
and pay me more
Especially since 
I wrote the grant 
to get them here
Life

Okay now
I remember 
how figure skating
made me fluid 
and proud
and somewhat hopeful 

We did all this 
media relations
planning
and we felt great 
Yes we did 

It is good 
to have someone
else there
on the quest
interacting
involving
and
you know

Most of the time
I want to escape
myself in an experience
that is not self
but potential and action
and intercourse

Well just beginning
with the frying pan
this time we 
launched 
into a green strange
breakfast 
Sister distant
divorces the husband

More often than not
they desire you
to pull the heartstrings
Isn't that right
and grand
Isn't that most beautiful 

Increasingly sad
and depressed
for no reason
Guilt and no pleasure
Fear on all sides
This thought and that thought
cannot speak

Rightly a spring 
bird enters sky
and shows himself
clearly and thoughtfully
I hope for 
great fun
and free hands

Marketing 
We knew
all about the expectations 
of jelly
once

See through 
to the vehicle cat spirit 
of vast notions 

A blank page
with a square around
the name of the publisher
of a few community newspapers
in DC
Buy some 
advertising
Maybe
because they ran 
a big story on
your company 

This cat does not
have to 
exist to
rest peacefully
and be
cool 

The fan eyeball
blowing toward
me in the nice warm
warehouse
Do I have to 
live many years
or just a few

Some of these
scratched notes
tend to be lucid
Others are 
the clouded fearful
mind doing
the soft
nonsense 
dances 
at night 

like a world
different 
from knowing
these choreographers
At the bridge
for Roman music 

Reading through 
the Tolstoy book

Note on 
annual report 

More of the interview
Not sure
if I still care about this
kind of thing

This is the note
cat
Not the police

We used to
interview
younger dancers
by asking them
sterile questions
about education
and career path

A cat can have
the right kind 
of ice cream
face 

This note 
is about the boss's phone
number or 
more likely
a note on an important
number to be 
relayed to the boss

What is a square note 
all about
I wonder
why I made this
When did I make this
I wonder

I could have paid
closer
attention to
geometry 
in 
school 

Okay
Media relations tasks 
for dance company

Showing up inside
the tunnel
for sensual meeting
after work

We always
have meetings 
to refocus 
our efforts

Great

They took hold
of me so that 
I could enjoy
the spring
that is running away
And I think I need
to listen to music
and be cheerful
like falling 

from a tree into 
the cup of the tree
and arms bloodied
Nice time
in rain and
free feelings
for birds

I recall working
with Margaret
which was frankly 
miserable

Oh well
Margaret 
is gone from the job
She cannot boss
me around anymore
In fact
I am in her seat
now as 
development director 

Running a dance 
summer camp
and youth employment program
and being excited
for the kids

This cat 
sees into the philanthropic heart
beyond smoke
and is not scared
but elated

Where are we
this evening
when we are about to have dinner
with one friend
while thinking about another

Most people
are genuine and good
the great cat 
thinks

What would it mean
to infuse
more cultural competency
into our program
delivery

Why 
Do you remember
the guy spraying
the bug and rat poison
under our desks

What field of study
is this shy cat
examining 

Life skills include
nutrition
job readiness
and financial literacy

I thought about Athena
looking at that note
How strange
How real

Reaching the diverse
community
through artistic
cultural
and linguistic
outreach
and open invitations

Feeling
real love
looking back 
upon 
our work

With all different
youth far and near
who are the colorful fabric
sewn above
our heads
A hot air balloon
transporting
our basket of 
mission 
vision
and ideas 

Cat says
this is our simple
end of examination 

Where are we

I bless you 
second to last 
page
scrawled lastly 

The final 
cat 
thirsts 
not

Comments

Popular Posts