A Tree and Flower in Passing


I am
having a bad day
having a tree go away
overhead as I walk
and I am
trying desperately to retain
one good thought.
The sun dances with me
but I walk away
not having the skill
of simultaneity.
I want
a bear's aggression
when I feel this puny.
The sun's impression
of unsung depression is
a tree’s absent expression
going away
overhead as I walk.
Unnerved
I wish
to go to bed
to close my eyes
but instead I see
a flower wind on the wind
beneath the passing tree
and I laugh
like a soul set free
on a leaf
blown
in the opposite
direction
of my stumbling feet
that keep going.
My mind
without cover
is vulnerable
to another 
dance with the sun.
But even
on a bad day
what is there to hate
about having a tree
go away overhead
if in its passing
you see a flower's chance
and in your laughter
you hear your heart?


 

Comments

Popular Posts